Write Guest Posts That Wow!
Intro: Guest posting is a great way to build backlinks, establish your expertise, and reach a wider audience. But if you want your guest posts to be successful, you need to write posts that wow!
- Do your research. Before you start writing your guest post, take some time to research the blog you’re pitching to. What kind of content do they publish? Who is their audience? Once you know what they’re looking for, you can tailor your post to their specific needs.
- Write a strong headline. Your headline is the first thing people will see when they come across your post, so it’s important to make it attention-grabbing. A good headline will make people want to click on your post and read more.
- Write an engaging introduction. Your introduction is your chance to hook readers and make them want to keep reading. Start with a strong hook, then introduce your topic and give readers a reason to keep reading.
- Be informative and helpful. Your goal is to provide readers with valuable information that they can use. Make sure your post is well-written and easy to understand. Avoid jargon and technical terms that your readers might not be familiar with.
5 Tips for Writing Engaging Guest Posts
1. Write about a topic you’re passionate about. When you’re passionate about a topic, it shows in your writing. Your readers will be able to tell that you’re knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and they’ll be more likely to engage with your content.
- 2. Use storytelling. People love stories. They’re engaging, memorable, and they help you connect with your readers on a personal level. When you tell stories in your guest posts, you’re more likely to keep readers interested and make them want to learn more.
- 3. Be visual. People are more likely to remember information that they see, so make sure to include visuals in your guest posts. This could include images, videos, infographics, or charts.
- 4. Use active voice. Active voice is more engaging than passive voice. When you use active voice, you’re putting the subject of your sentence in action. This makes your writing more dynamic and interesting.
- 5. Proofread your work. Before you hit publish, make sure to proofread your work carefully. This will help you catch any errors and make sure your post is free of typos and grammatical mistakes.
How to Get Your Guest Post Published
1. Research blogs that accept guest posts. The first step is to find blogs that accept guest posts. A good place to start is by looking at the blogs that you already follow. Do they accept guest posts? If so, what’s their submission process?
The most important part of guest blogging for you will likely be your guest post bio This is usually the only place you should include selfpromotion links back to your website blog product service book etc What you write in this section will depend on your guest blogging goals Time needed 30 minutesHere39s a list of strings I39ve used on Google to find guest posting opportunities Your keyword quotguest post byquot Your keyword quotguest postquot Your keyword quotwrite for usquot Your keyword quotguest articlequot Your keyword quotcontributing writerquot Your keyword quotcontribute to our sitequot You can also reverse engineer your competitors39 backlinks5 Limit author accounts 6 Fully own the content Summary Guest posts are a way of life for content marketers Whether youre submitting
them to other sites or accepting them for your own theyre a common practice Writing guest posts for other sites helps you get exposure to a whole new audience in the same nicheFinally format the post so it matches others on the site Make a note of how they use subheadings capitalization bold text lists etc The less work you leave for site owners to do the more popular youll be Some sites provide guest post guidelines for guest post writers in which case all you need to do is follow them Step 7 Work Nearly 87 of editors publish at least one guest post per week Nearly 98 of editors say they plan to publish the same amount or more of guest content this year Editors are open to publishing a variety of content types to serve their audiences About 77 say they plan to publish video content while
63 say podcasts and 37 say infographics 02 Familiarize yourself with the websites content Work on each guest blogging opportunity one at a time so you can give each your full attention The first thing to do is familiarize yourself with the kinds of posts they publish as well as the ones that perform the bestGo to the Prospects tab to see all the prospects the tool has found To narrow it down to potential guest blog prospects go to Advanced filters then URL Type and select Blog The AS column shows the sites Authority Score Use the external link icon to open a URL and explore the site for yourself4 Provide Quality The main selling point of a guest post should be its quality and helpfulness There39s not usually a need to directly mention yourself or your business at all unless you
- 2. Write a great pitch. Once you’ve found a few blogs that you’d like to submit to, it’s time to write a pitch. Your pitch should be short and to-the-point. It should include a brief introduction, a summary of your post, and a link to your blog or website.
- 3. Follow the submission guidelines. Each blog has its own submission guidelines, so make sure to read them carefully before you submit your pitch. This will help you avoid making any mistakes and increase your chances of getting your post published.
- 4. Be patient. Getting your guest post published can take time. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t hear back from a blog right away. Keep submitting your pitches and eventually you’ll start to get some traction.
Writing guest posts is a great way to build your online presence and reach a wider audience. By following these tips, you can write guest posts that wow!