Landing Guest Posts on News Websites: A Roadmap
Guest posting is a great way to get your name and expertise out there, build relationships with other bloggers and journalists, and drive traffic to your own website. But getting your guest post published on a news website isn’t always easy. That’s why I’ve put together this roadmap to help you land guest posts on news websites like a pro.
3 Steps to Getting Your Guest Post Published on a News Website
Find the right websites. Not all news websites are created equal. Some are more likely to accept guest posts than others. When you’re looking for websites to target, focus on those that:
- Are relevant to your target audience
- Have a high readership
- Are actively accepting guest posts
Write a great guest post. The first step to getting your guest post published is writing a great one. This means:
- Writing a well-written, informative post that’s interesting and engaging
- Including relevant keywords and phrases
- Promoting your post on social media
Pitch your guest post. Once you’ve written a great guest post, it’s time to pitch it to the editors of the websites you’ve targeted. When you’re pitching your post, be sure to:
- Introduce yourself and your expertise
- Summarize your post
- Explain why your post would be a valuable addition to the website
How to Write a Guest Post That Editors Will Love
In addition to writing a well-written, informative post, there are a few other things you can do to make your guest post more likely to be accepted by editors.
- Target your pitch. When you’re pitching your guest post, be sure to target it to the specific website you’re pitching to. This means tailoring your post to the website’s audience, tone, and style.
- Make it relevant. Your guest post should be relevant to the website’s audience and its overall mission. This means doing your research and understanding what the website is looking for in a guest post.
- Be original. Don’t just rehash the same old information that’s already been published. Instead, come up with a fresh angle or perspective that will interest the website’s readers.
- Promote your post. Once your guest post has been published, be sure to promote it on social media and your own website. This will help you reach a wider audience and drive traffic back to the website that published your post.
Pitch Your Guest Post Like a Pro
When it comes to pitching your guest post, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success.
- Personalize your pitch. Don’t just send out a mass email to every website you can find. Instead, take the time to personalize your pitch and address it to the specific editor you’re pitching to.
- Be clear and concise. Your pitch should be clear, concise, and to the point. Explain why you’re the right person to write the guest post and why your post would be a valuable addition to the website.
- Follow up. After you’ve sent your pitch, be sure to follow up a few days later to see if the editor has any questions or comments.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of landing guest posts on news websites like a pro.
250 Websites amp Blogs That Accept Guest Posts Written by Matt Ahlgren researched amp factchecked by WSR Team October 28 2023 in Online Marketing Contributing highquality researched and written guest posts to authoritative and relevant blogs and websites is a proven way to increase traffic and boost search engine rankingsSo we scoured the web and compiled this list of 100 blogs that accept guest posts sorted by niche and MOZ domain authority ranking Some platforms even pay you to write guest posts In these instances guest blogging is another way that you can earn money as a website content writerThe most important part of guest blogging for you will likely be your guest post bio This is usually the only place you should include selfpromotion links back to your website blog product service
book etc What you write in this section will depend on your guest blogging goals Time needed 30 minutesFinally format the post so it matches others on the site Make a note of how they use subheadings capitalization bold text lists etc The less work you leave for site owners to do the more popular youll be Some sites provide guest post guidelines for guest post writers in which case all you need to do is follow them Step 7 Work 4 Conduct guest blogging outreach At this point it39s time to start thinking about how to pitch your guest post ideas As I mentioned in the previous step the publications you want to target have a thorough editorial process So first look for the website39s guest blogging guidelines then prepare your pitch ideaHere39s a list of strings I39ve used on Google to find
guest posting opportunities Your keyword quotguest post byquot Your keyword quotguest postquot Your keyword quotwrite for usquot Your keyword quotguest articlequot Your keyword quotcontributing writerquot Your keyword quotcontribute to our sitequot You can also reverse engineer your competitors39 backlinks9 Give them your content See if you can spot the mistake in these concluding sentences to a guest blogging pitch If you want to see it let me know If you think this would work Ill share the file See if this is a good match and then well talk about payment The mistake is the word ifBut if you want even MORE sites that accept guest posts here are 4 lists that I use whenever Im looking for sites to guest post on List of 200 Websites amp Blogs That Accept Guest Posts 150 Sites to Guest
Post List of 700 Guest Posting Sites List of Guest Blogging Sites 140 best sites That should keep you busy for a while Now
Guest posting is a great way to boost your visibility, build relationships, and drive traffic to your website. By following the steps in this roadmap, you can increase your chances of landing guest posts on news websites like a pro.